How You Can Help
Residents, community and business leaders, and interested agencies in Polk County are encouraged to participate in the mitigation planning process by:
- Attending LMS Working Group meeting;
- Participating in LMS Community Meetings;
- Reviewing and providing comments on the current Polk County Multi-Jurisdictional LMS Plan;
- Reviewing and providing comments on the draft update to the Polk County Multi-jurisdictional LMS Plan;
- Providing information relating to local repetitive hazard incidents in their neighborhood such as recurring flooding of homes, business, or roads, sinkholes, etc.
2015 Polk County Multi-jurisdictional Local Mitigation Strategy
On August 18, 2015, the Polk County Board of County Commissioners adopted Resolution 15-098 which approved the County’s designated portion of the Polk County Multi-jurisdictional Local Mitigation Strategy.
February 3, 2015
4:30pm – 6:30pm
Bartow Civic Center, Spence Room
2250 S. Floral Avenue, Bartow, FL, 33830
The County requested the public’s attendance at the Community Open House scheduled on Tuesday, February 3, 2015 beginning at 4:30 PM, to review the LMS process and provide input on hazard risk assessments and potential mitigation projects for the 5-year update to the Polk County Local Mitigation Strategy (LMS).
- LMS Update
- Hazard Mitigation
- Lightning & Wind
If you have any questions, please contact Paul Womble with the Polk County Emergency Management Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (863) 298-7002 or Marisa Barmby with the Central Florida Regional Planning Council at email@example.com or at (863) 534-7130 ext 110.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, anyone who needs a special accommodation to participate in this meeting should call (863) 298-7002 at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
Join the Mailing List
Join the mailing list to receive important updates about the LMS document, update process and public meetings.